What has bright clashing colors and more ornaments than a Christmas tree? It’s the ugly Christmas sweater, the staple of the Christmas season. Any artful conception is allowed for this sweater and in fact the bigger and brighter it is, the better. These sweaters can be lit up with Christmas tree lights, decorated with tinsel and ornaments — no article of frowzy festivity should be left out. The options are endless and it is the perfect place to let your inner child out, to get creative and messy and to show off your holiday spirit.
Tips for Creating the Ugliest Christmas Sweater
- Colors are fun and you can never have enough of the traditional Christmas colors – red, green and white
- Decorate your sweater as if it was a Christmas tree with ornaments, tinsel, candy canes, and ribbon
- Christmas tree lights can add to the effect and are always fun to see
- Anything remotely related to Christmas and winter goes – snowmen, reindeer, Santa Claus, snowflake, Christmas trees, snow and gingerbread men (or women)
- And finally, make it your own!