Front End Web Developer / Website Project Manager
Ashworth Creative is looking for a part-time, detail-oriented, Front End Developer/ Project Manager with an eye for design. We’re looking for someone who can manage clients and website projects, traffic workload, coordinate vendors, and maintain a positive and professional attitude while interacting with clients and colleagues.
New York Hudson Valley’s Creative Thinkers
We are a fast-paced, growing, boutique marketing agency located in New York’s Hudson Valley. Come join our team of smart, flexible, self-motivated and creative thinkers who serve clients from many different industries. You’ll report to the CEO and work alongside other developers, project managers, content creators, designers and video production team members. This is a flexible position that can be done in-person, hybrid or fully remote.
We believe a Front End Developer’s main goal is to combine technology and design to create inviting, impactful, and easy-to-use websites for clients and consumers. Proficiency in Information Architecture, adept site mapping (Slickplan preferred), and content organization are crucial skills for this role. A minimum of five years of client-facing project management experience within an agency setting is a prerequisite. We’re on the lookout for individuals with a proven track record in successfully managing projects, interacting with clients, and navigating the dynamic landscape of website development.
Effective communication is key in steering websites and design projects to success. This journey demands confidence in engaging with clients, guiding them through the process, and addressing inquiries about website development and project integration. Your blend of business specialization and technological acumen is essential for comprehending the intricacies of project execution. If you thrive on quick thinking, dedication to exceptional results, and exceeding client expectations, this opportunity is tailor-made for you. Don’t hesitate to apply if you’re passionate about ensuring client satisfaction.
Core responsibilities of the Front End Developer include the following:
- Provide excellent client service and be responsive to their requests and feedback guiding them through the web development process.
- Build and code user-side applications, including visual elements like menus, clickable buttons and the overall layout of websites or web applications using CMS software and programming languages.
- Display confidence in client interactions, conducting presentations of sitemaps, concepts, addressing technical inquiries, and showcasing business acumen by proposing additional projects to strengthen client relationships. Excellent verbal skills are a must.
- Collaborate closely with our team members and vendors, ensuring adherence to production schedules and maintaining high-quality standards throughout tasks. Work in tandem with the Senior Web Developer and Creative Director to strategize daily tasks and execute them effectively.
- Optimize websites for different devices to ensure responsive and seamless user experience.
- Run tests to check for speed, performance, ADA compliance, and browser compatibility to ensure the website or web application meets the highest standards of accessibility, usability, and functionality.
- Ensure that the website or web application delivers on the clients’ objectives and meets their expectations.
- Manage client expectations and communicate any issues related to scope creep, project roadblocks and/or bottlenecks to management.
- Estimated amount of time 15 – 20 hours per week
- Minimum of five years of client-facing project management experience within an agency
- Knowledge or proficiency of WordPress, Shopify, and Wix are required; other CMS platforms are a plus
- Availability between 9 – 5 p.m. EST
- Ability to work a set schedule of 15 – 20 hours per week
- (In-Person & Hybrid) Transportation to safely get to and from the Poughkeepsie office
- (Remote & Hybrid) Reliable and secure internet access (Password-protected Wifi or ethernet) and a mobile phone or landline connection capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Proficiency in English required, additional language proficiency is welcomed but not required
- Must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States
If you’re a great communicator, a creative problem solver, and exude enthusiasm with a positive attitude, this role is for you. We value your ability to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences, even if you’re not an expert. Your persuasive articulation on behalf of clients and Ashworth Creative, along with maintaining composure in high-pressure situations, is crucial.
We require strong project management skills, the ability to work independently with multiple priorities, and proficiency in establishing and adhering to web production schedules. Your talent for presenting compelling conceptual ideas, supported by research and knowledge of development and design, is essential. Initiative and self-motivation are key attributes we seek in candidates. If you possess these qualities and are ready to contribute your brilliance to our team, we encourage you to apply today! We’re eager to meet you.
Ashworth Creative uses design, data, architecture, intuition, and technology to build exceptional brands, campaigns, and experiences. We formulate creative solutions that help our client’s meet their goals. We think long term and value our ongoing relationships with clients and are always looking for new opportunities to grow our services and portfolio. To learn more about our team, view our services and work, please visit our website: www.ashworthcreative.com
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $45.00 – $75.00 per hour
Expected hours: 15 – 20 per week
- Hourly pay
- 5 years
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Poughkeepsie, NY 12601