Ashworth Creative is looking for a Full-time, detail-oriented, Front End Developer/Project Manager with an eye for design.
We are a fast-paced, growing, boutique marketing agency located in New York’s Hudson Valley. Come join our team of smart, flexible, self-motivated and creative thinkers who serve clients from many different industries. You’ll report to the Creative Director and work alongside other developers, project managers, content creators, designers and a video production team. This is not a remote position. Our office is located in Poughkeepsie, NY a few blocks away from the Poughkeepsie train station, top notch restaurants and the Walkway Over the Hudson.
We believe a Front End Developer’s main goal is to combine technology and design to create inviting, impactful, and easy-to-use websites for clients and consumers. Information Architecture, intelligent site mapping (Slickplan for preference) and organization of content are all vital elements in our process and should be in your skillset, too. Take a look at our website. It’s built on WordPress, and you’ll see how we integrate excellent design with successful user journeys that meet the needs of all site visitors.
Core responsibilities of the Front End Developer include the following:
- Provide excellent client service and be responsive to their requests and feedback guiding them through the web development process.
- Build and code user-side applications, including visual elements like menus, clickable buttons and the overall layout of websites or web applications using programming languages.
- Communicate with clients to identify the project needs and requirements.
- Present deliverables to clients, such as sitemaps, web designs, etc. in a clear and concise way – excellent verbal skills are a must.
- Optimize websites for different devices to ensure responsive and seamless user experience.
- Run tests to check for speed, performance, ADA compliance, and browser compatibility to ensure the website or web application meets the highest standards of accessibility, usability, and functionality.
- Collaborate with other team members, including project managers, content creators, designers, and video production team to ensure the successful completion of web projects.
- Ensure that the website or web application delivers on the clients’ objectives and meets their expectations.
- Escalate issues related to scope creep and communicate project roadblocks or bottlenecks to management.
Apply for this job if you are an excellent communicator who has a knack for problem-solving and an enthusiastic and positive demeanor. You’ll need to be able to communicate technical information to both non-technical and technical individuals. You’ll need to speak to and write clearly and persuasively on behalf of our clients and Ashworth Creative and you’ll also need to be able to remain calm and deliver excellent results while under pressure or stressful situations. Strong project management skills are essential. Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Ability to establish web project plans on the Project Management side and follow timelines, schedules and deadlines; deliver strong conceptual ideas, follow through with research, documentation, development and design are all essential skills for the job. You should also display great initiative and are a brilliant self motivator.
Proficiency with WordPress, Shopify, and Wix are a must. Other CMS platforms are a plus. We know the kind of agile and organized individual that we need is out there and we’re excited to meet you!
Ashworth Creative uses design, data, architecture, intuition, and technology to build exceptional brands, campaigns, and experiences. We formulate creative solutions that help our client’s meet their goals. We think long term and value our ongoing relationships with clients and are always looking for new opportunities to grow our services and portfolio. Each of our team members have crafted and honed their skills over years of experience and are experts at what they do. To learn more about our team, view our services and work, please visit our website: www.ashworthcreative.com